The drapery rods were re-used from before the re-do. We didn't feel like fooling around with a level so Dan and I simply eyeballed them to make sure they were straight. I used some of those plastic anchor and screw things to hang the brackets. They enable the rods to hold up to 50 lbs. Not that they need to hold that much weight but you never know when one of the bad cats might think it a good idea to a half pike off the drapes. I worn you cats now....don't even think about it.
Here are the cellular shades in their boxes that the mail guy dropped off. We ordered these from jcpenney.com because they cost a hell of a lot less then Levolar or Bali blinds. Man, those things are tres cher. And, we were able to order these in exactly the size we wanted.
I was a little worried about the difficulty of installing these blinds because they are the top-down/bottom-up variety. No problem though, it was really easy, no more difficult than installing a mini blind. But, it is kind of hard to hold the electric drill up over your head when your arms are fried from the many push ups and pull ups cranked out earlier in the day.
Here is all the stuff out of the box. I hope you find it as interesting as I do.
Here is one of the brackets ready to go.
Four windows, 8 brackets and 32 screws later, I popped the blinds into the brackets, and voila! I love them, especially the up/down feature these have. And they still let a lot of light in when they're closed all the way. Pretty great.
Plastic handles to lift and lower the blind are included and snap on to the blind.
We are pretty happy with the blinds and drapes. It's kind of sad, though...I used to spend my money on clothes and vacations.